The Creation of Man
Why did god create us?
How did God make us like himself?
What does Scripture mean by "soul" and "spirit"?
Note: Much of this work has been taken from Wayne Grudem's fine book, BIBLE doctrine:
Essential Teachings of the Christian Faith. Bible excerpts have been changed to the New Living
Translation by Tyndale in disfavor to Zondervan.
- The Use of the Word Man to Refer to the Human Race
- Why Was Man Created?
- God did not need to create man, yet he created us for his own glory.
- What is our purpose in life?
- Man in the Image of God
- The meaning of "image of god."
- The fall: God's image is distorted, but not lost.
- Redemption in Christ: A progressive recovering of more of God's image.
- At Christ's return: Complete restoration of God's image.
- Specific aspects of our likeness to God.
- Our great dignity as bearers of God's image.
- The Essential Nature of Man
- Trichotomy, dichotomy, and monism.
- Biblical data.
- The benefits of holding to dichotomy with overall unity.